A perfect upbeat workshop for creative/professional people who are non-CAD users, focussing on the potential that 3D printing offers you.
- maximum of 5 people
- practical course: demo and tutorial-led
- plenty of individual attention and time to handle samples, ask questions,
- design a 3D object capable of being 3D printed
- go through the ordering process.
Courses use Anarkik3D's easy-to-learn & use Cloud9 software/ with 3D haptic device: gets you working creatively from the word go. Choice of templates to customise if you prefer this!
A Maxit personal 3D printer is on hand to demonstrate concept of 3D printing.
Programme: day 1: 2:00pm to 6:00pm, day 2: 9:30am to 4:00pm
Venue: Anarkik3D’s studio office in Edinburgh
Outcome: Practical knowledge and information about 3D printing. By using Cloud9 you get hands-on experience of designing in 3D abd understand the potential these technologies offer for creating and producing your customised designs!
ORDER OF THE DAY...
Introduction: Brief overview of the Programme.
About 3D printing: swift presentation explaining principles of 3D printing, followed by handling session with 3D printed samples in different materials from different systems.
Designing for 3D Printing session: design a printable 3D model using Cloud9 - a brief run through to show the software interface and main menu features of Cloud9 3D modelling software, including the advantages of touch and using a '3D mouse’, followed by your hands-on session.
- Easy Navigation - getting the feel for interacting/creating in a risk free 3D virtual environment.
- Designing - try out functions, work with templates, create a 3D model through structured playing and exploring, with individual assistance.
(coffee, tea, bicky break included)
Next day Hands on Sessions: designing to reduce any potential print issues:
- continue designing a 3D printable model
- Saving models and file formats
- Creating clean 3D printable models
- Methods to keep costs down
Lunch (and the opportunity to further discuss and handle 3D printed models and go over the mornings progress with the group)
Final session: Print Perfectly - getting it printed:
- materials you can print: plastics, resin, glass, ceramics, metals, edibles etc
- how to access and find 3D Print services
- Issues to take into account re shrinkage, support material, strength
End of course: Interactive feedback session: to help you identify the next steps, answer your questions plus give you course material to take away with you.
Post course deal: Purchase Anarkik 3D Design (Cloud9 and haptic ‘3D mouse' package) 15% discount.
See our excellent value package ‘3D Business in a Box’: Anarkik 3D Design/2 day course.