Courses - overview
Create passionately, 3D print perfectly, sell profitably! Anarkik 3D Strategies to boost your business and hit the ground running...
We offer a range of courses to meet varying needs and abilities - you choose what's right for you:
Upper image: Wedding head-dress by Wilson Li, Fashion student, created on 3 day course using Anarkik 3D Design. Entered into a Shapeways competition!
- groups of up to five or on a one-to-one basis,
- one-day introduction to a three-day intensive
- excellent value package ‘Business in a Box’
Lower image: "Stonen" by Suzanne Esser, Dutch jeweller, also created on 3 day course using Anarkik 3D Design and 'Boolean subtraction'.
Neither Wilson nor Suzanne are CAD users and prior to their course had very little 3D digital modelling experience.
Leading the courses....
The courses are led by Anarkik3D CEO, Ann Marie Shillito, known and respected by her peers internationally:
She has many years teaching experience at higher degree level in designing and making (jewellery and metalwork). The content of her courses are tailored to those attending as she has a range of expertise and experience, for example, using CAD (Rhino) and using 3D printing services.
- her knowledge and expertise in the area of haptics for creativity
- designing with Cloud9 for 3D printing
- about 3D printing.
Our courses are aimed at...
Makers, Applied Artists and other creative people who would like to learn the basics or advance their knowledge of Cloud9.
We also offer a section on how to expand your business revenue by taking advantage of the 3D creating and 3D printing opportunities. In addition we can help show how to price, market and sell created works.
Create Passionately using Cloud9 software...
Demo-led, intensive hands-on practical experience of Anarkik 3D Design package. Sessions cover all main menu features including the advantages of using a 3D ‘mouse’:
- Navigation demo: getting the feel for interacting/creating in a risk free 3D virtual environment
- Try out all the functions: through structured playing and exploring
- Work through a tutorial: individually assisted in a class of no more than 5 people
- Acquiring other models to manipulate/customise: import (e.g. Rhino), freebies, paying for models
Focued specifically on designing to reduce any potential print issues with your created objects:
- Saving models and file formats
- Creating clean 3D printable models
- Methods to keep costs down
This session covers the different materials you can print with and how to access these services:
- Using different materials: plastics, resin, glass, ceramics, metals etc
- How to access and find 3D Print services
- Issues to take into account re shrinkage, support material, strength
Where to get 3D printing prices, some places to market and sell your creations online
Health and safety...
All equipment inclucing the coffee maker is PAT tested. Anarkik3D has Public Liability Insurance.